Twelve requirements for digital HR instruments
Empathy, trust, responsibility and diversity are crucial to enable companies to successfully innovate and evolve – and remain competitive. Digital HR instruments should be designed to support the factors governing the success of human actions, rather than treating them as mere irritants.
- Digital instruments should increase the range of options, rather than reducing them to a single, instant solution.
- Digital instruments should promote courage and determination, rather than assuming that good data obviates the need for active individual decision-making.
- Digital instruments should encourage active thinking and experimentation at all levels of activity, rather than reducing individuals to mere passive executants.
- Digital instruments should allow for individuals to develop, rather than portraying them as consistent and unchanging.
- Digital instruments should enable tasks and requirements to evolve, rather than aiming at a static, perfect fit.
- Digital instruments should encourage empathetic relationships, rather than eliminating, automating or even just simulating them.
- Digital instruments should make visible the full range of different ideas and problems, rather than streamlining behavior.
- Digital instruments should offer practical scope for decision-making, rather than forcing everything into predetermined patterns.
- Digital instruments should create a safe space for secrets and provisional ideas, rather than making everything instantly visible and assessable.
- Digital instruments should strengthen individual responsibility within collaboration, rather than watering it down through inconsequential participation.
- Digital instruments should deliberately offer scope for off-piste ideas and exceptions, rather than excluding the possibility of deviating from the status quo.
- Digital instruments should ensure transparent criteria and methods for evaluating individuals and their performance, rather than enabling assessors to hide behind algorithms.
Get the Digital HR Manifesto*
* The Digital HR Manifesto is protected under a Creative Commons license. You can download the Digital HR Manifesto for your purposes, print it or incorporate it into your own texts. The only condition: You indicate the authors and do not change the text.